Custom Gift Baskets
Custom Potting/Contain Yourself Potting Bar
Our Contain Yourself Potting Bar allows you to play in the dirt and leave the mess with us. Bring your houseplants that have outgrown their pots and give them a fresh new look. When it’s time to create your outdoor containers, use the bar to mix and match flowers. Our bar lets you get creative! You can also have a private party at the Contain Yourself Bar (maximum 9 people). There are many options for parties, so just give us a call at 412-241-0411. Remember to check out our event schedule because we hold workshops at the bar throughout the year.
We have a dedicated diagnostic center right inside the store. We can examine your plant, weed, or insect under a microscope to determine the problem and provide solutions. Simply bring in a sample of the plant for a complete diagnosis. (Samples can be left with a member of our staff, and we will be certain to contact you within 48 hours to discuss your specific problem).
Penn Hills Lawn & Garden has expanded its services to bring our expertise directly to your home. Our garden pros will help you assess your garden challenges and suggest solutions.
Areas of focus during your session with the Garden Pro can include:
- Identification and care recommendations for existing plants
- Pest and disease identification with treatment suggestions
- Techniques for maintenance and pruning
We encourage you to take notes or record the session because you won’t want to forget any of the information that is given. Pro sessions are $50 per hour payable by cash or credit card. (We apologize, but do not accept checks). If you require additional time, you be charged at a rate of $25 per each additional hour.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT SCHEDULE GARDEN PRO APPOINTMENTS IN MAY, OR JUNE.
To schedule your Garden Pro session contact Darcy Kennedy at 412-241-0411, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit a soil sample please follow the instructions below:
- Dig down 6 to 8 inches into the soil you want tested- DO NOT TOUCH THE SOIL WITH YOUR HANDS AS IT WILL CHANGE THE PH OF THE SOIL
- Place approximately one cup of soil in a ziploc bag or other container
- Bring the sample to the garden center for testing. Results typically take between 48 and 72 hours but can take up to one week depending on demand
You are permitted to bring multiple soil tests, but be sure to label them according to the area where the sample was taken. Each test costs $5.00. For additional details please call 412-241-0411